Monday, December 31, 2012
Five Ways to Make Online Learning Engaging
Posted by Poonam Agarwal
A new complimentary whitepaper titled 5 Creative Ideas of using Raptivity in Online Training outlines five innovative ways to make online learning interesting and engaging with the help of learning interactions.
In specific, the paper suggests instructional designers and trainers consider the following techniques.
1. Combining an interactive e-book with a rapid-check assessment to implement an open book test.
2. Using games such as crosswords, TV shows and board games and to make learning fun and exciting.
3. Simulations where user gets to play a role in a situation and apply knowledge to decision making.
4. Using characters to provide opening and closing remarks, intermittent summaries as well as dialogs.
5. Encouraging exploration through the use of walk-through, zooming and other interactions.
While these techniques can be implemented in a variety of ways, the paper suggests over a dozen interaction templates within Raptivity that make the implementation quick and easy. You can download the whitepaper from the Raptivity website.